Saturday, December 26, 2009

Backyard News - Cooper's in the rain...

This morning, I contemplated heading out to Pelham Bay Park in the Bronx to do some birding, but held off because of the rain. Instead, I kept checking the backyard to see if anything of interest might show up with the wind and rain. Yesterday, when I refilled the feeders, I noticed how skittish the birds were, which I attributed to one thing. The presence of Hawks! Last Winter, I had as much as 5 Hawks hunting in my backyard. While I have already noted and photographed a Sharp Shinned Hawk, this winter, I had yet to photograph a Cooper's Hawk in the yard. About 40 minutes ago, I spotted a Cooper's in the backyard and got some photos despite the wind and rain. Enjoy!







Share with SociBook.com Bookmark and Share

No comments: