Sunday, September 12, 2010

Backyard Birding Queens NYC...

I took a break today, actually it was more like the weather that kept me local and so I did a bit of backyard birding. This is the time of the year when I have gotten birds like Scarlet Tanager, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Black-throated Green Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Great Crested Flycatcher among others that visit the backyard. Sure enough, I picked up a couple of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks feeding on Elderberries. Also, seen were about 9-12 Baltimore Orioles who were feasting on the grapes.

Rose-breasted Grosbeak with a stained beak from eating Elderberries.
Baltimore Oriole in the backyard taking a break from feasting on the grapes.

Oh...I forgot to mention, I have also gotten Yellow-breasted Chats in the backyard. Not just one, but two at the same time and I was lucky to have taken photographs.  Here is one from last year.

Yellow-breasted Chat on the grape vine in the backyard.

Tags: , , ,

Share with SociBook.com Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful shots of GORGEOUS birds!! Wonderful post!

Kimberley Wakelin said...

Wow! You sure get beautiful birds visiting your backyard. I love the Yellow-breasted Chat! Superb!