Monday, May 9, 2011

Backyard Spring Visitors...

Did a bit of yard work this afternoon, clearing out some of last year's causalities due to a dry spell.  After getting some much needed work completed, I relaxed trying to watch for anything flying by and picked up Chimney Swifts, Tree Swallows, Great Egret and Laughing Gulls.  I was also pleasantly surprised by a couple of Warblers in the garden, Black-throated Blue (Dendroica caerulescens), Magnolia (Dendroica magnolia) and Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas).  Having the camera handy came in useful, as I was able to get a couple of shots off, capturing the Magnolia and Black-throated Blue.  Hopefully, I get to see more warblers in the garden as we hit the peak of migration.

Female Black-throated Blue Warbler in the garden.

Magnolia Warber in the garden.

Tags: , ,

Share with SociBook.com Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

Isn't it hard to do yardwork with a camera around your neck? ;)
Nice visitors and nice pictures, Andrew!

BIRDINGDUDE said...

@Nancy Thank you - I have never tried that for fear of mucking things up, but I do keep it nearby just in case :)

Unknown said...

Great Andrew..I always have my camera out in the garden..but it is usually in the backyard when the birds are in the front yard..;-)