Sunday, May 3, 2009

Backyard Birding News…

With rain in the forecast, I decided that I would spend time getting caught up with my yard work. Of course, I had to squeeze in some type of birding; so, instead of heading out to some birding destination, I was sipping my morning cup of coffee and staking out the backyard at around 7:00 AM. I was not disappointed, as I had new Spring arrivals in the backyard with 4 Rose Breasted Grosbeaks (3 males and one female), my first of the season Ovenbird, a Common Yellowthroat, a couple of Yellow-rumped Warblers and a Summer Tanager. The Yellow Warbler continue to show, along with Brown Thrashers and a Hermit Thrush; a Female Eastern Towhee was also seen..though I did not see or hear the Male that has been hanging in and around the garden. Amidst the on and off drizzle I got some work done. Another good day's work or two and the garden should be in good shape. Share with SociBook.com Bookmark and Share

No comments: