Thursday, September 25, 2008

Flicker in the backyard...

As September comes to a close, the leaves are starting to fall and the air is noticeably cooler. My kind of weather I might add. Additional fall visitors continue to show up, today I saw and photographed a Northern Flicker and we also have a number of Blue Jays hanging around, whose color I love because they make such good photograph subjects.   I also saw what looked like either a Blackpoll Warbler or a Black and White Warbler, but the look that I got was poor and I could not get a clean look with the BI's...the same with another bird which looked like a Blackheaded Grosbeak, but again the look was not good for a definitive ID.   We are expecting rain tonight with the wind picking up into Saturday. I am hoping that with this weather front, a few visitors might stop over.


BlueJay visiting the Elderberry Shrub Share with SociBook.com Bookmark and Share

No comments: